What We Believe
- We believe that the Bible is God’s word, fully inspired by Him and error free. (II Tim 3:16) It is to be understood literally from Genesis to Revelation.
- We believe in the trinity: God the Father, Creator and sustainer (Gen 1:1) The only true God (John 17:3). God the Son, Jesus Christ (John 1:1- 5) and God the Holy Spirit (Jn 14:16- 17, 26)
- We believe in the virgin birth of Christ (Lk 1:35), that he was crucified, buried and rose again the third day (I Cor 15:1- 4) as a substitutionary sacrifice for the sins of mankind (Jn 3:16, I Jn 2:2)
- We believe that man is a sinner (Rom 3:23) and unable to save himself (Rom 6:23) and that the only payment for sin God can accept is the blood Jesus shed on the cross at Calvary (Titus 3:5, Eph 2:8- 9) This is what we mean by being born again.
- We believe that all true believers are permanently sealed by the Holy Spirit at the time of conversion (Eph 1:11- 14) and given gifts to serve (Rom 12:7- 13)
- We believe all true believers should participate in water baptism (Matt 28:19) and should regularly participate in the Lord’s Supper (I Cor 11:23- 28). Neither of which have saving merit but are symbolic yet true acts of obedience and worship.
- We believe in the church, the body of Christ which consists of all true believers universally (I Cor 1:1- 2) and in the local church where true believers gather together regularly and visibly (Heb 10:25) for worship and fellowship.
- We believe that the command of Jesus Christ in Matt 28:19- 20 is for all believers. This is the main directive for the church’s ministry.
- We believe in the physical, bodily return of Christ. This will happen in 2 events: The rapture (I Thess 4:13- 18) and the second coming (Matt 24:29- 30)
- We believe that man was created in God’s image (Gen 1:26) life is sacred and must be protected. Marriage is instituted by God and can only be between one man and one woman for life (Gen 2:18 25)
*This is a quick overview. If you would like to see our beliefs in full detail, please contact the church office.