What We Believe
- We believe that the Bible is God’s word, fully inspired by Him and error free. (II Tim 3:16) It is to be understood literally from Genesis to Revelation. We believe the Bible to be the final authority for all of life and faith (2 Peter 1:3), the full and complete revelation of God's will to men (2 Peter 1:20-21; John 16:12-13).
- We believe that God's Word stands alone as the absolute sufficient guide for all of life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3). We hold that the Word of God is given by God for the salvation of the sinner and for the transformation of the saint (2 Timothy 3:14-17). We believe that God's Word addresses all of man's sufferings and that in God's Word alone man finds rest and reconciliation for all relationships.
- We believe in the trinity: God the Father, Creator and sustainer (Gen 1:1) The only true God (John 17:3). God the Son, Jesus Christ (John 1:1- 5) and God the Holy Spirit (Jn 14:16- 17, 26)
- We believe in the virgin birth of Christ (Lk 1:35), that he was crucified, buried and rose again the third day (I Cor 15:1- 4) as a substitutionary sacrifice for the sins of mankind (Jn 3:16, I Jn 2:2).
- We believe that man is a sinner (Rom 3:23) and unable to save himself (Rom 6:23) and that the only payment for sin God can accept is the blood Jesus shed on the cross at Calvary (Titus 3:5, Eph 2:8- 9) This is what we mean by being born again.
- We believe that all true believers are permanently sealed by the Holy Spirit at the time of conversion (Eph 1:11- 14) and given gifts to serve Christ in their local church (Rom 12:7- 13). We believe that all the saved in Jesus Christ should live in a manner so as not to bring reproach upon our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and separate themselves from religious apostacy, all worldly and sinful pleasures, practices and associations as commanded by God (1Jn. 3:5-9; Gal. 5:16-25; 1 Peter 1:14-16).
- We believe all true believers should participate in water baptism (Matt 28:19) and should regularly participate in the Lord’s Supper (I Cor 11:23- 28). Neither of which have saving merit but are symbolic yet true acts of obedience and worship.
- We believe in the church, the body of Christ which consists of all true believers universally (I Cor 1:1- 2) and in the local church where true believers gather together regularly and visibly (Heb 10:25) for worship and fellowship.
- We believe that the command of Jesus Christ in Matt 28:19- 20 is for all believers. This is the main directive for the church’s ministry.
- We believe in the physical, bodily return of Christ. This will happen in 2 events: The rapture (I Thess 4:13- 18) and the second coming (Matt 24:29- 30)
- We believe that man was created in God’s image (Gen 1:26) life is sacred and must be protected. Marriage is instituted by God and can only be between one man and one woman for life (Gen 2:18 25)
*This is a quick overview. If you would like to see our beliefs in full detail, please contact the church office.